7 weeks, terrified, angry

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

7 weeks, terrified, angry

Postby darceymaria » Jan 24, 2014 2:49 pm

This pregnancy is going much better than the last, but I am still struggling. I'm not quite sure if I even technically have HG this time, or if it is just so much more controlled due to early treatment and so much more knowledge. Either way, I am SO thankful it is better but I feel like it is bringing up all these traumatic feelings from last pregnancy. I feel so sensitive and terrified of the thought of getting sick again and I know those around me don't really understand. I just started seeing a therapist and plan on bringing this up at my next appointment, but I just feel like no one gets how traumatizing and depressing my experience was.

Right now I am functioning very well, I just have to be very careful about keeping up with b6 and supplements and zofran 24/7, and the eating is so hard. My husband is taking care of everything. He just can't understand how hard it is for me to find something to eat, it takes hours sometimes and he has to go to the store every other day because it changes. My poor two year old keeps hearing how mommy is sick and I hate it. Even though I told my doctor's office that I had HG last time, they wouldn't get me a zofran script until I started vomiting, which was Tuesday, and I ended up going 20 hours without any food or fluids and vomiting several times before my hubby could get off work to get me the script. I feel like I am hypersensitive to these things, and so angry that they didn't just give me the damn script when it could have saved me going through that and my son seeing me like that, and asking "Mommy, what's wrong?"

I am realizing that even though I am physically so much better this pregnancy, I am not handing it well at all because of my fear and trauma. I'm not sure what to do, but I am living in fear and with awful repetitive thoughts in my head, and now I am having other irrational fears pop up, like my husband being in a car crash is TERRIFYING me, and I know that is a sign of PTSD. I feel like I should be fine because my body is doing ok (comparatively) but I'M NOT.
darceymaria

Re: 7 weeks, terrified, angry

Postby DivineLotus » Jan 03, 2015 5:46 pm

I feel the sane to the T.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG