Update

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Update

Postby SkunkPaw » Mar 10, 2006 12:17 pm

I am doing better. I have maybe one crying spell a day - which is great compared to all day. My poor baby is constipated from the sudden switch to formula and this makes me feel like crap. I keep telling myself that is was for the better. I have given her apple juice and a tiny bit of milk of mag. She is now going... but it still hard big poop.

Earlier this week, I was so determined that I was going to call everyone I could and do all the research on seroquel so I could bf again. I called her dr and they referred me to an LC. I called the LCs and left a message. I posted on tons of sites and did chat room research and just research through the search engines. Nothing gave me the ok, and nothing made me understand the WHY and WHAT the risks are. THe LC finally called me back and I went over my situation and she looked up seroquel and explained to me that there hasn't been in human studies b/c in the animals it showed that the meds did pass over - alot of it. I asked what the risks were and she couldn't answer me the way I wanted to be answered but she did tell me what the side effects are and it is a possibility that they could pass to the baby. There are bad side effects, kidney damage, sierzers, and others. I wanted to cry. She then goes to address the reason I called - which I didn't realize until after. She said that I needed reassurance from someone that knows to tell me that I am doing the best thing and that I AM A GOOD MOM! I started to cry .. she said that there aren't many mothers that go to the extent of research that I have done to make sure that I can't do better for my baby. She said that it shows that I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that my baby is getting the best. We talked about her diaper rash and she said that was b.c I had to stop bfing her so suddenly that her pee and poo was more acidy and it caused that. My family silently accused me of not changing her diapers when she needed to be change - which made me feel like a crappy mom, even know I know it isn't true. She made me feel better about it all and she even gave me numbers of PPD support groups in this area. I haven't called them cause that is just weird right now. She told me that I am not alone and the PPD with the second child and there after is more serve. I wish I could repay her for all she has done. I still haven't completly come to terms with it, but it is getting easier. I have her to thank for that.

I am up for 800 mg of seroquel aday. I still have my migraines but we are working on it. Sorry I haven't updated but its been kinda crazy around here.

LOVES!
*Chaz*

SkunkPaw
Been There Done That

Postby dwtegli » Mar 10, 2006 12:27 pm

Oh Chaz, I am glad you got some validation from someone who hopefully made you believe it. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOTHER. We all know that, and I hope you can come to believe it just like we do. Know that our thoughts are with you.

(((HUGS))))
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby Gracie » Mar 10, 2006 5:49 pm

(((Chaz))) the LC you spoke with sounds like a wonderful lady! I hope that it gave you a lot of reassurance... and I am happy to hear that she was clued in to your underlying needs and questions.

Good to hear from you! :D Keep up the wonderful work with that little one... you're a great Mom.
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby Marie » Mar 13, 2006 12:24 am

Chaz,

I am happy that you were able to get the answers you were and were not looking for. I am so glad that you decided to give the medication a try. I know making that decision was hard for you.

What type of formula are you using? The soy really bound up Tyler, and he seemed to spit up the lacto free formula more than the regular, so we went to the Alimentium and he has done wonderful with that. Still refluxen but much less, and his stool and soft compared to the rocks when we tried the other formulas.

Great to hear from you. I think of you often, and wonder how you are doing.

Hugs,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby Jenny » Mar 15, 2006 3:32 pm

Chaz,

I am so glad that you are feeling a bit better. Feel free to continue to vent when needed! None of us are perfect all the time, and that is totally ok! And also, as for the good mom stuff, you are doing an amazing job! keep it up!!

Much love to you,

Jenny
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby IslandDreamer » Mar 16, 2006 1:50 am

I'm so glad for the improvement you're seeing. And I agree with everyone that you ARE A GREAT MOM!!!

And if you (or anyone) wakes up tomorrow not feeling like a great Mom, all she needs to do is post here for encouragement! Right? We're all in this together.

Lots of love,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Mar 16, 2006 2:01 am

Just want you to know I'm thinking of you. I'm so sorry you're struggling so much and I hope it eases up soon!

Hugs

Sarah
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby BrandiJK » Mar 16, 2006 8:37 pm

I am really behind on posts so sorry for the late response. I am glad you are starting to feel better, and you listen to everyone, you are a great mom. I am gla dyou got the validadation you needed.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG