I am sooo stressed out!!!

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Postby Trudy » Mar 23, 2006 10:12 pm

(((((((Natalie)))))))

Yes a toddler and newborn are hard work I too have found. I really have no idea how people with more or multiples do it. I don't know from experience but believe that it can only get better. My midwife who has the same age gap as me between 2 of hers said the 1st year is really hard but after that you really reap the rewards.

Is there a place over there that does nappies in bulk and delivers to your door? Maybe you could try the eco nappies. I buy all mine nappies this way as its so much easier and cheaper than from the shops. But I had forgotten how much washing a new baby makes.

One thing I found with Adam when I was expressing and giving formula was the changing upset him. He's been much better now he's only on formula. I'm not pushing ff, its just works best in our family.

Do you have family or friends that could maybe take Beth. My Beth went to her grandparents for a couple of weekends and they did some 'special' things with her which really helped.

You will get there, I promise.
Trudy

3x HG Pregnancies
Abby and Laura went to heaven Oct 2002
Beth born 21 May 2004
Adam born 7th Feb 2006

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".
Trudy
Forum Moderator

Postby Natalie » Mar 24, 2006 9:00 am

Joanna... if you're reading this then stop right now ha ha ha :lol:

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Natalie » Mar 24, 2006 9:13 am

Well, I'm going to try and get to the shop today that does the eco-disposables but actually I now have a routine with the washables :) It's an extra thing to do but Beth is already in non-eco disposables and that makes me feel bad enough!!!

Trudy: Your Beth looks soooo adorable! I love the picture on your signature. How is she getting on with having Adam around? I have to spend a lot of my time just getting Beth out of Theo's face because she's always trying to kiss and cuddle him. She even tried picking him up once :shock:

Robin: I totally hear you. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time of it with Katie and juggling all your other roles and responsibilities. I feel like I have all these finely balanced plates spinning on sticks you know? I'm like 'DO NOT JOSTLE ME' or they'll all come crashing down. They're called things like sleep deprivation, guilt for not being there completely for Beth, guilt for not being there completely for Theo, housework, lose weight, organise finances, breastfeed, shopping, Beth's routine, be a wife to Andy... Man, I could go on and on and I just seem to be adding plates :roll:

having said that, things today going ok atm but that's because they're both sleeping. Aaaaaaaah, the bliss.....

And it's Mothers Day here on Sun. Hope I'm going to get spoilt rotten because boy, I deserve it lolol

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Mar 24, 2006 2:24 pm

You caught me Natalie! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you get spoiled rotton on Sunday too!

Joanna[/b]
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby krisalis » Mar 24, 2006 5:47 pm

Hi,
I just want to say as someone who's "been there done that" that people aren't kidding when they say it's hard . It's also true that it gets easier.

My kids were 8 weeks and just turned 2 when my x husband moved in with his girlfriend. I did it solo with no support at all. I really don't recommend it. Try and find someone who can help out. For me the hardest thing was learning to ask for help. To be honest, I'm not sure I ever really did learn, the kids just got big enough that I was ok without it. I did it alone for 8 years. Again, I don't recommend that route.

When my husband moved out I was in the midst of all the hormone stuff and totally overwhelmed . I still managed to do it. People ask me how and I tell them that it's not like I had a choice. When faced with something you have to do no matter what, you will find a way to get it done. You have to cut yourself some slack. Raising kids was never designed to be a one person job. If you DH isn't willing to help at all, he's probably hurting the situation even more. In essence you have 3 people besides yourself to care for. The golden rule is "Take care of yourself first". You get stressed and sick and everyone suffers.

Put yourself first and try to find ways to build a support system. You'd be amazed how many people out there understand and are willing to give you a hand. Look in your phone book to start. There are organizations out there that help parents. Check in the newspaper for a drop in playgroup. It will keep your oldest busy and tired enough to sleep. It also gets you out with other adults. It's awesome what a balm to the soul just sitting talking to other adults can be.

Take care
Kris
krisalis
HG Expert

Previous

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG