out of control

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

out of control

Postby *Tricia* » Mar 29, 2006 3:35 am

i'm dealing with depression and anxiety and i feel like there's no where to turn to especially since some ppl thought i was making up all the things i've been going through. i've had depression b4 but it's been worse since i've become pregnant like i wasn't happy for the first 2 months when i found out and i was thinking about alot, it also had to do with my previous pregnancy when i was 18 so i don't know i have alot to get through and i'm not happy at all. i want my baby to be normal,healthy,loved everything but there's so much to deal with. damn it's 1:37am here and no one is up well hopefully i'll get to chat to some of you real soon. nite :( :)
*Tricia*

Postby m.ij05 » Mar 29, 2006 8:24 am

Hey Tricia,
My name is Ingrid ( from the U.S). Who do you have to lean on for support? I have a dd who is almost five now and it is such a huge help for me to know that we'll have help with her once I'm pg again. Maybe there is someone who can help you out with your child. Its okay to have times when you feel depressed, we all do, just make sure that you can pick yourself back up and move on. If you find that its hard to do then its time to seek help. I'm here for you if you need to talk.
Ingrid
m.ij05
Opinionated HGer

Postby IslandDreamer » Mar 29, 2006 8:43 am

Tricia,

Welcome! I'm so glad you found us, but I'm sorry that you need us. I wish you didn't have to cope with the anxiety and depression during pregnancy.

Is there anyone who you trust that can support you in real life? We are here for sure, but in person help is so wonderful when we can get it. Have you spoken with your doctor about treatment? What treatment has been used in the past? Have you a trustworthy therapist? Are you able to tolerate any vitamins with your HG? Sometimes increasing B12, omega fatty acids, magnesium, and calcium have helped folks.

In my pregnancy with Jack, I couldn't tolerate any vitamins but B6 until third trimester. The depression really kicked in at 12 weeks, and I began Prozac at 15 weeks. This is the first time I was treated during pregnancy, and what a relief. There is a risk of withdrawal for baby with Prozac, but given my options, I decided not to wean at 36 weeks. Prozac, Zoloft, and several other SSRI's have not shown to be a risk for damage to a baby in utero. www.motherisk.org has research to review. If you decide to take meds, it's important you are comfortable and knowledgable about the risks and benefits, so reading up on the research is a good idea.

Look forward to getting to know you.
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Atsie » Mar 29, 2006 11:41 am

Hi tricia,

I would suggest talking to a Dr or someone else you trust. Pregnancy is hard but being pg with HG can be so hard and, can be very depressing. I have history of it and my Dr watched me very close. Try to get it under control now and you will feel so much better.
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby karolinagurl20 » Mar 29, 2006 12:02 pm

hi tricia. I am going through so much crap too right now. Glad you joined the site. It is helping me a lot. Please feel free to pm me whenever you want to talk. Everyone is so loving and caring its the only place where you feel understood about hg anyways. Doctors simply dont understand. I always say i wouldnt wish hg on my worst enemy but lately i've thought maybe i do wish it on my beloved doctor just for a week then maybe we could get somewhere instead of going in circles about this mostly being a mind thing now instead of hg. Im not pg anymore i had my baby one week ago hg is WAY better but you still deal with crap and not being believed makes the journey harder. Hope i can help. Kayla
severe HG
1st and last timer
karolinagurl20
Been There Done That

Postby *Tricia* » Mar 29, 2006 1:54 pm

well my doctor was suggesting meds but i took em' before which wasn't a good experiance so i'm wary of it. i have 4 aunts who are really supportive they have been a great help and my cousins have been great too (i'm the oldest) and my sister too. my somewhat bf is here/there he doesn't get it and refuses to read about what i have his only concern is that the baby better be a boy and making lots of money :oops: also i didn't have my last baby it was terminated so that is a factor too BUT i've been doing my best to look at this in a good way i'm just really scared also i have a pregnancy counsellor and i attend a group called Best Beginning for pregnant ladies and i have a friend i met there i speak too so i think for all that's been goin on i've done ok.
*Tricia*

Postby m.ij05 » Mar 29, 2006 2:45 pm

(((((Tricia)))))I'm glad that you have so much family near by to help out. If your scared of taking more meds there are other things that you can try. Sometimes ( I know this sounds corny...) a vacation helps. I don't mean a far away destination just a change of scenery. When I was really suffering from Hg depression was an issue too. I would stay with my mother for a week or so to break-up the routine. It gets very hard to stay in the same bedroom, house, hospital, whatever...Just getting fresh air and getting out of the house used to help me.
Ingrid
m.ij05
Opinionated HGer

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG