All set....

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

All set....

Postby Gracie » Apr 08, 2006 12:31 pm

Well, I'm all set. Met with the psych who covers inpatients and works with the perinatal mental health unit... so they know the continuing saga of this pregnancy and my worries about ppd or ptsd.

He seemed to think that I have things in hand, and they are checking on me daily. The first time, I was beyond my limit for coping with lack of sleep, lack of food, migraine, worry about the baby, not knowing the plan for delivery, no physical or emotional reserves due to the hg, etc... The second time he saw me (the 24 hrs later) he must have wondered because I had showered, stretched, talked to the docs and got a firm plan, eaten, slept and the migraine was gone.

Hopefully I'll escape full-blown ppd this time, I'm following all the advice and plans I can find but there is no way of controlling the hormones or unforeseen events so we'll see. But it is a huge relief to already be on their radar knowing that it'll be caught from the first sign (like my meltdown a few days ago wasn't a huge flashing billboard announcement for impending ppd!)
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby krisalis » Apr 08, 2006 12:44 pm

It's great to hear things are coming together for you. Perhaps just knowing you've taken the steps to head off a crisis will be enough to give you the you confidance you need to get through this more easily.

Best of luck.
Kris
krisalis
HG Expert

Postby BrandiJK » Apr 08, 2006 12:54 pm

Gracie, I am glad you are getting things ready in advance. I am hoping it wont be so bad for you
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Atsie » Apr 08, 2006 2:18 pm

You sound like you have everything under control. I think the planning really helps.
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby Gracie » Apr 08, 2006 4:23 pm

I think knowing that there are only 11 or 12 days of HG left or less, and that I won't have to wait for an appt or go through emerg if PPD does hit helps. Its a big weight off my shoulders. I can cope with 2 more weeks of nausea and being achy.... I'll just think of it as a bad flu bug :lol:

BTW... we found the cure for HG while I was in here.... every time they tell me I cannot eat for 24 hrs, I am completely famished and craving everything including all my worst foodments :lol:
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby BrandiJK » Apr 08, 2006 4:38 pm

Ha!! Figures!!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Apr 09, 2006 12:57 am

haha! here they do a 3 day no food thing for hg :shock:

i'm so glad you have a plan, and are as proactive as you are! i'm gonna cry tears of joy when baby boy arrives!

sarah
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 09, 2006 11:31 pm

Planning made a world of difference for me. Have you gotten a protocol together? Have you seen mine? Amber's?

Let me know how I can help.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Kadinga » Apr 09, 2006 11:43 pm

Gracie, I'm glad that you are being so proactive about this. I have a theory that being aware and making others aware really helps.

Planning a protocol sounds very interesting. The only thing I've really planned is that DH, off his own thoughtfulness, suggested continuing to send DD to her day of childcare for a while after the birth. I didn't think he'd ever agree to that, never mind suggest it. :D

Oh, and I also told the Maternal/Child Health Nurse about my concerns and how I've been very up and down this pg...

Suzanne, are those protocols "stickies", or otherwise reasonably easy to find??

Amanda
2 HG darlings; Heather, September '03 & Henry, May '06
"To understand and be understood makes our happiness on earth" (German Proverb)
Kadinga
Devoted to You

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 10, 2006 12:48 am

Amanda, You know, they aren't. I'll go do that right now.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 10, 2006 1:02 am

Yikes, couldn't find it any place around here...that's weird. I'll ask Amber if she'll post hers.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG