I've been hospitalized for depression

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

I've been hospitalized for depression

Postby mokibeth » Oct 12, 2004 9:00 pm

Hey, I haven't posted anything in a while because blissfully I thought I was better. Nope! Around week 23 I was involuntarily committed to the psych ward of my hospital. I'm bipolar and haven't been taking any medication for it since I first started to try to get pregnant. I did very well until everything settled at once and I overdosed one morning only to be rushed to the ER then sent to "5 North". My biggest problem was that I couldn't tell the difference between pregnancy emotions and bipolar ones, and I never made anyone listen to me about how scared I was and how sick I was of being sick, everybody just figured it would go away. I was put on prozac and am doing very well, plus I see a therapist and a psychiatrist. I was embarassed at first but now I would love to keep this from happening to anyone else. I am on zofran also and today I got sent on bed rest...woo! Bright side? Only 10 weeks to go!
mokibeth

Postby Janehh » Oct 13, 2004 7:38 am

Ten weeks to go--you can make it! What a story. I'm glad you're getting treatment--another "joy" of pregnancy is that our mental health problems don't go away (despite what people will tell you about that wonderful glow you'll have...), and sometimes get worse because of all the hormones. And hg is the pits, and surely must lead to depression for even the most stable folks. I took Prozac when I got depressed during my 1st pregnancy; I eventually switched to zoloft, and my baby was fine--beautiful and brilliant (no bias here!). Yours will be too. Hang in there.
Jane
Janehh
Been There Done That

hi

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 14, 2004 12:54 am

Hi,

Glad to hear your medication has been regulated, the hg is under control, and you only have 10 weeks to go.

Praying for a fat and screaming infant in your arms in 10 weeks.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

hi

Postby foxwoodfaerie » Oct 28, 2004 12:29 pm

I just wanted to say hi and tell you that I know where you are coming from. I am bipolar too and have been off my meds because I can't keep them down. I seem to be doing ok so far but it is hard to distinguish if I am down because of the HG or if it is chemical.
As much as the hospital sucks, it is the safest place to be when you need it most. I am glad you are back on meds and I hope you are feeling better.
Ruth
Aidan, James and Thayer
and....I'm DONE!!!!
foxwoodfaerie
Been There Done That

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG