Bad reaction to Compazine

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Bad reaction to Compazine

Postby Holly » Feb 07, 2005 6:51 pm

I just found out I am pregnant with my second child. My son is four years old, and I had severe HG with him. My doctor didn't know what was wrong with me and he finally tried Compazine. I had a severe allergic reaction to it. I had to switch doctors and my new doctors knew exactly what was wrong with me and couldn't believe my other doctor gave me compazine. Has anyone else had an experience with compazine?
Holly

Postby Marie » Feb 07, 2005 8:25 pm

Holly,

I am also allergic to Compazine. What I found intresting is that women are more likely to have an adverse reaction to the drug then men. Since you are allergic to Compazine you may also be allergic to Phenergan, for they have some of the same properties. I did take the Phenergan with Benedryl just in case I were to have a reaction. I am also allergic to Reglan which is how I ended up on Zofran. Zofran works wonders for the vomiting, but usually does'nt touch the nausea. I hope you find the med(s) that works for you.

Best Wishes,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies