safety of meclizine

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

safety of meclizine

Postby tilly2321 » Feb 25, 2005 6:54 pm

Can anyone tell me the class of drug for meclizine? I am having trouble finding info on it. I checked motherrisk and they didn't have much. Did you all find that it helped your nausea? I have zofran, but it doesn't touch my nausea. Is unisom/b6 better for the nausea in most instances or is the meclizine? I know some drugs are more known for their anti-emetic properties rather than their anti-nausea properties.

How about vistaril? I am still in my first trimester and want to be extra careful.
Thanks,
Elaine
tilly2321

Postby HGx3 » Feb 26, 2005 2:31 am

Zofran didnt help me much either. I used reglan. Have you tried it? I also used vistaril, it is very similar to Benadryl. You might want to try some of that. Honestly, If zofran isnt helping you, I dont know that any of these other meds you have mentioned will work very well for you used alone. You may have to find the right combo of meds, which is often very tricky. Good Luck, I hope something will work!!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies