What about dramamine?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

What about dramamine?

Postby tilly2321 » Feb 25, 2005 7:07 pm

I was reading through some articles on the web and was curious to know if anyone has tried dramamine for HG instead of meclizine?
Please let me know your experiences.
Thanks,
Elaine
tilly2321

Postby bibliojo » Feb 25, 2005 7:13 pm

Hi Elaine,

I have tried Gravol which I think is the Canadian equivilant to dramamine. For me it worked reasonably well except that it made me very sleepy but that was a blessing since I could then sleep and not feel the nausea. I am planning to use Gravol again once I get pregnant again. Hope this helps...

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Feb 26, 2005 12:55 am

I might also add that I don't think dramamine and diclectin (which I seem to recall you already taking) would be enough in themselves to combat the HG. You'll probably need yet another medication in addition to these to get better results. I took Reglan and Rantidine in combination with the dramamine during my first pregnancy.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby HGx3 » Feb 26, 2005 2:26 am

Meclizine is just the primary ingrdient in dramamine....It is cheaper to buy the meclizine because you arent paying for the "name". They work about the same I think.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies