interesting thoughts

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

interesting thoughts

Postby KadeJosie » Mar 15, 2005 7:09 am

Hello all,

I went to my Natural Dr. yesterday and discussed some natural management for the HG. He felt strongly at least in my case that there is a relation to blood sugar levels and nausea. This sounded a little "out there" to me but I've done a little looking and there is a link between nausea and low blood sugar levels. He's got me on some remedies to help with my pancreacse(sp?). It seems like an interesting line of defense and I've never heard it before in connection with the HG so I'll give it a try at least. Anyone ever heard anything like this. Thoughts? Reactions. appreciated. Oh yes I've never had any kind of blood sugar problems before and no gestational diabetes issues but he says some of these problems don't show up in standard testing for various reasons. I am 39 this pregnancy and understand blood sugar issues can be more of a problem. Who knows???

Kristy
HG x2 with # 3 on the way
KadeJosie

Postby dbarr » Mar 15, 2005 7:51 pm

That's very interesting. Especially w/ the link between saturated fat intake and weight/obesity and HG for some women. Heavier women (such as myself) are also at more of a risk for pre-diabetes/ blood sugar issues than their thinner counterparts.

During my pregnancy, I had such little protein and lived off simple carbs. I wonder if this in turn makes the HG worse??

What was recommended for you?
dbarr

Postby HGx3 » Mar 15, 2005 9:55 pm

Interesting! Let us know if it helps!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby KadeJosie » Mar 16, 2005 7:14 am

He gave me all kinds of complexes (to build me up nutritionally and hormonally) before I get to sick to take pills which he said we're trying to avoid. He also gave me something called GlucoBalance to balance the sugar. I'm kind of hopefull and just doing what he says. I does make sense though.

Kristy

HG survivor X2 with #3 on the way
KadeJosie

Postby Cheri » Mar 16, 2005 4:50 pm

Hi Kristy,
I think that this line of questioning came up about 3 years ago on the old HuGS forum. Seems like Xamy spent some time researching blood sugar levels, but I can't remember the conclusion.
Here's a link if you feel like poking around.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/hugstalk
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies