Vitamins

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Vitamins

Postby nomore » Apr 08, 2005 1:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I wasnt sure if this was the best folder to post my question or not. I know some of us have taken childrens chewable vitamins when pregnant. I was told to try this before they diagnosed me with HG when prego with Madison. Does anyone remember what the dosage is? Is it 1 or 2 vitamins daily???
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby Joshua's mom » Apr 08, 2005 2:07 pm

I was told by my doctor and my home care nurse to try 1 or 2 childrens chewable vitamins. At this point, I have yet to try them, because even with the Zofran microinfusion pump, I'm still having nausea/vomiting and have to be extremely careful of what I eat/drink. So, in regards to your question, I think the answer would be that you can safely take 2 childrens vitamins per day. Hope this info helps.

Darlene
Joshua's mom

Postby nikki0072004 » Apr 08, 2005 6:16 pm

Hmmmm...... my Peri said that there is only certain baby vitamins you can take two of, since iron poisoning is an issue.

Maybe find out what the max on that is, and then ensure that you are not exceeding that with two.

I THINK i remeber her saying that Flintstones have a higher iron, and not to take two, but I could be wrong.

Just check first.

Nikki
nikki0072004
Welcomed Friend

Postby mammaclare » Apr 10, 2005 8:56 am

two flintstones was what i was told
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator