Constipation without Zofran...and I got crackered already

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Constipation without Zofran...and I got crackered already

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 09, 2005 5:35 pm

Hi All,

Aggressive action is keeping HG under wraps, and I seem to just be a miserable "typical" pregnant woman right now. Ligament aches that don't end...what, at 5 weeks? :roll: Come on!!!!!!! Very sore boobies. And on-going nausea but definitely not HG. The food aversions are increasing, but by this time last year with Hope (tested positive on 4/5 both times :cry: ) I was in bed. I can also say I am a raging maniac without Prozac and need meds.

But the constipation.............ack...ouch with the ligament thing on top of it. I have IBS, so difficulty pooping is not normal :shock: . (TMI for sure.) Any easy solutions? I can still eat fruits and vegetable based stuff and fluids. Coming to the experts for assistance.

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby HGx3 » Apr 18, 2005 9:32 pm

Hey Suzanne! Sorry about the constipation! Pleae, whatever you do, DO NOT STRAIN!!!!!!!! My ob told me to take dulcolax and it really helped!! Also, dont forget about colace...take it daily, whether you think you need it or not. Take the max dose until you go with ease, then you can cut it back or increase it as needed.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby bunniet » Apr 23, 2005 10:20 am

Suzanne,
Can you tolerate bran cereal...I've been trying that with a little sucess. When I'm pg, I poop all the time! (when I'm not pg I'm constipated all the time) GO FIGURE! The Zofran is surely binding me up some, enough to make some days miserable! But bran has helped. Is'nt pregnancy GRAND! :lol:
Cheri I am sick of my sore boobs!
bunniet
Opinionated HGer

Postby mammaclare » Apr 27, 2005 7:20 am

I used FOODMENT raisin bran and a lot of water (once I was actually able to keep it all down!) as my laxative of choice. I wasn't able to take colace (very violent puking) and was afraid of the stimulant laxatives. It wasn't perfect but it helped a little.

Good for you that you are still hanging in!
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies