Zofran Help/Advice

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Zofran Help/Advice

Postby caty » Apr 23, 2005 3:26 pm

I've been on Zofran since 04/11/05. For the last three days it hasn't been working as well. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm taking it orally and dreading calling the doctor mostly because I'm sick of doctors. I can still eat a little here and there so I figure that's better than nothing... but at the same time I'm scared to death that I'll be really sick again. It's just scaring me. HELP!!
~Caty

caty
Been There Done That

Postby Trudy » Apr 23, 2005 10:04 pm

Hi Caty
Zofran work wonders for me and I found that the only time it would stop working was if I was getting dehydrated again without knowing it. Once my fluids were up I'd feel great again. Other than that, do you need to up your dose? Sorry that's all I can think of.
Take care
Trudy
Trudy

3x HG Pregnancies
Abby and Laura went to heaven Oct 2002
Beth born 21 May 2004
Adam born 7th Feb 2006

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".
Trudy
Forum Moderator

Postby NutinStaysDown » Apr 30, 2005 5:13 pm

Caty,
I started Zofran in Feb, and now am able to sit up at the computer. I am 16 weeks. I found that zofran only prevented me vomiting, the nausea has been incredibly intense.
I, too, found that things got worse when I was dehydrated. My proactive doctor gave me 1.5 liters of IV fluids in the office every week, and sometimes would combine it with decadrone (sp?). The decadrone helped tremendously.
I know that scared feeling. I am experiencing my third pg with HG. I always hope when I get pg, that I won't be sick again. I was feeling great from the day I missed my period for about 2 weeks, then, WHAM, it hit me.
As for being sick of doctors, do you feel like your current dr is giving you the best care?
Jen
Jen

Mommy of...
Kelti - 2/11/02
Bree - 5/6/03
Bean Sprout - edd 10/15/05
NutinStaysDown

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies