MY homeopathic attempt

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

MY homeopathic attempt

Postby zieglerb » May 12, 2005 11:38 am

Hi there -- I'm 5 weeks along in my second pregnancy. For about 18 weeks of my first pregnancy I suffered through HG without any kind of knowledge about my condition or how I should be treated. I was given Reglan, but it didn't do much to help. I had an awful doc who treated me like I was a pain in the rear, and as a result (of that and of being utterly incapcitated anyway) I did not aggressively seek any other kind of help. Well, I refuse to allow myself to suffer like that again, so I'm trying hard to be pro-active this time. I've switched to a practice of midwives and one referred me to a homeopath to "start things out."
I was a bit leery, but we've used homeopathic remedies with my 19 mo and they've worked great. Couldn't hurt while I'm not sick yet, so I went into the wilds of West Virginia and Virginia yesterday for my first visit. It was wonderful. I had a constitutional visit, which is a long (1-2 hour) interview with the homeopath -- she asked me every question imaginable about myself. Then she turned to her database on a laptop and got to work analyzing my symptoms (now and before with HG) and the various remedies available. Then she gave me a tiny little packet with what almost looked like grains of sand -- she told me to take half of them that night before bed on a stainless steel spoon under my tongue. We made an appt. for a month from now and she said to keep track of any changes and call her if I have any problems at all. The other half is for later if needed. She said that the remedy has helped 80% of pregnancy nausea and will also help with my impending anemia and possible hemorhaging (which I had last time after delivery.) My only symptom so far (before and since the visit) has been extreme hunger bordering on nausea -- but I can handle that! Bring it on! Cross your fingers and wish me luck and I'll keep you up to date on my desperate journey into homeopathy.
Beth, survivor of HG with Sylvie Isabel 9/21/03
#2 edd Jan 10, 06
zieglerb

Keep us posted

Postby Cecca » May 20, 2005 2:00 pm

Please do let us know how the homeopathic treatment works for you. I wish more people tried these kinds of things, because I think there is more out there than traditional disease model medicine has to offer. I am considering trying for baby #3, but really want to believe first that there are other things out there to give me hope. Let us know how you do.
HG pg #1: DS Reilly b. 5/1/2000
HG pg #2: DD Sonia b. 12/30/2002
HG pg #3: lost angel 6/3/2004
Cecca

I too am trying homeopathy

Postby dassi » Jun 28, 2005 3:05 am

Hi, I too am starting with a homeopath. I was pregnant last week and terrified as it is my fifth child (6th pregnancy). I lost the pregnancy but am positive about trying again (I must be mad but isn't that why we have kids anyway?) My homeopath also believes she can help my severe symptoms and quiet honestly I am relying on her as nothing else has ever helped (have not tried zofran as it wasn't available in 'Australia 9 years ago).Please let me know how it works for you.
I have 4 wonderful children and am wanting to try one more time. I have had severe hyperemesis for each (+ a failed fifth). I need all the support and info. I can get.
dassi

Postby zieglerb » Jun 28, 2005 7:09 am

Well, I haven't kept you all up to date and I apologize for that . . . in a nutshell, it appears that either I am having a "weaker" version of HG this time or else perhaps, just perhaps! the homeopathy was able to curb HG enough to put off the onset until 2 weeks later this time and make it so that it's not as intense. But I can't be sure of course.
I can't remember the exact time, but I did start vomiting and the Sepia (besides the constitutional Phosphorus) didn't stop that. I had been extremely nauseaus and the homeopath was like "well, women do suffer nausea in pregnancy" -- duh! So, when I actually started vomiting, I called my new midwife and she wanted to see me right away -- she did a full workup and then prescribed Zofran. Thank God. There were some issues with getting it -- I guess they were scared that the insurance company would bulk, so they only prescribed a few at a time -- and I had to pay $20 copay no matter how many they gave me - yikes! Gotta run - will try to write later
Beth, survivor of HG with Sylvie Isabel 9/21/03
#2 edd Jan 10, 06
zieglerb

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies