LARGACTYL! ANTI-PSYCHOTIC for HG!!???

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

LARGACTYL! ANTI-PSYCHOTIC for HG!!???

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Jun 15, 2005 2:17 am

I'm very concerned! I'm in Oslo, Norway, in the hospital. I just looked online to find out about the medication I'm getting via IV, and it is an anti-psychotic that also helps nausea! It can have side-effects like "locking the muscles," and other things! And how is it affecting my poor little baby??? I'm totally freaked out, and it doesn't seem like anyone else on this site has been given this drug?! HELP!!!!!!
Sarah in Oslo
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby aaronsmommy » Jun 15, 2005 9:47 am

It looks like Largactyl is also known as chlorpromazine, or thorazine which you may see a bit more if you do searches. I think it is also on the medication page under these names. It isn't used as commonly as some others in the US. but it has been used for a long and still is even here.

I took it a bit in my first pregnancy, and didn't have any complications from it.

I know several of the people here have had the "locking" side effect that you are refering to with phenergan and reglan which are more comonly used in the US so you will notice them a lot when you read posts.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Thank you, Aimee.

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Jun 16, 2005 6:43 am

I feel better. Thanks! I'm on Zofran now, although docs here are sceptical about using it since it hasn't been totally cleared as safe for the fetus (at least not here in Norway).
Thanks, and it was great to see your gorgeous son's picture!
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies