trying to reduce Zofran

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

trying to reduce Zofran

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 18, 2005 4:20 pm

I've been doing a lot better since Monday and decided to try to wean one 8 mg dose of Zofran...I'm taking 24 mg a day. It worked to reduce on Tuesday, not Wednesday or Thursday, but I cut one dose out on Friday. Anyone else find weaning to be weird?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Beth B » Jun 18, 2005 7:21 pm

Definitely - it would work for a few days and then I'd relapse. I was able to get down to just 1 8mg tablet a day, in the AM, and today I went cold turkey for the first time. Things seem OK, so far. I can't get off the Phenergan and Reglan yet, but I'll keep trying. Ah, to get off Zofran and Colace... :-) Good luck, Suzanne!
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby Marie » Jun 19, 2005 11:54 pm

Suzanne,

I would take it a bit slower than that to see if it regulates more. Try cutting the one 8mg dose into a 4mg dose instead of doing away with it all together.

Hope this helps some.
Best Wishes,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby Trudy » Jun 20, 2005 4:48 pm

I wouldn't cut a whole dose out yet either. I know how harsh that can be. I'd either take a smaller dose and/or stretch the time out a bit to what you can cope with.

Good luck, I wish you well.
Trudy
Trudy

3x HG Pregnancies
Abby and Laura went to heaven Oct 2002
Beth born 21 May 2004
Adam born 7th Feb 2006

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".
Trudy
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies