Bendectin needs to return to the pharmaceutical market!

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Bendectin needs to return to the pharmaceutical market!

Postby beeontherun » Sep 18, 2007 10:07 am

I am a 50 yr. old woman who was able to successfully use Bendectin (b6 + antihistimines) back in 1980 and 1984. Until women and physicians stand up and fight to have this drug back on the market in its safely measured form women will continue to suffer. Millions of women used this drug and had healthy pregnancies. 100 women sued and compared it to Philidomide. [u]I am in no way saying it will solve every case of Hyperemsis Gravidarum[/u] but it allowed me to have a normal work and personal life. I wrote an article on its necessity back in the 80's only to be rejected by several women's magazines that were fearful and hysterical w/o any scientific evidence. I signed forms for (Merrell Dow at the time), my OB/GYN, and the local pharmacy. I bought out the stock because of the scare. The only other choice was to go into the hospital (2 pregnancies) and have IV therapy. I still have one of the original boxes! Everday, thousands of women take all kinds of drugs while pregnant for different chronic conditions and diseases and yet those medications are never linked to birth defects. We have become a sue happy nation! [u][/u]
beeontherun

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies