Where to find Meclizine?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Where to find Meclizine?

Postby bibliojo » Jul 03, 2005 2:39 pm

Hi all,

My dh is going down to Seattle for a soccer game this weekend so I want him to pick me up some Meclizine while he is down in the states for when I get pregnant. The idea of it being like gravol (dramamine for you guys) without the sleepiness sounds wonderful! But I have a few questions: is Meclizine the official name or is it marketed under some other name? Is it over the counter? Will it be on the shelves in the pharamacy section or will he have to ask for it at the pharamacy counter? I just need need to give my dh as much info as possible so that he can find it because you all know how good boys are at finding things! :roll:

Thanks!
Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby aaronsmommy » Jul 03, 2005 3:47 pm

The name she'll see on the box is "dramamine non-drowsy" You can get it anywhere, off the shelves, and a lot of places have a store brand available for cheaper too (I remember Target always did). Some people have been able to get large quantities for very cheap by asking the pharmacist as well (no presciption needed).
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby RebeccaM » Jul 03, 2005 11:07 pm

Joanna,

Like Aimee said, I found I could get a higher quantity for a cheaper price if I asked at the pharmacist counter. They had a much bigger bottle for the same price that they kept behind their counter, and I didn't need a prescription. Unfortunately, Meclizine never worked for me :( . Hope you have better luck!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies