I fired my doctor yesturday

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

I fired my doctor yesturday

Postby mdeban » Aug 30, 2005 1:48 pm

Yesturday I went to the doctors as I always do to get a check up every week. (19 weeks) As I am active duty military and on bed rest they keep a close watch as soon as you start gaining weight your back at work. Well I had been feeling the same, but down, and wanted to discuss antidipressent (spell) as I had gone the same rought with my first HG preg. The doctor decided to take me off all me meds, and told me the reason I was ill was because I wasnt right with God. and cancled my refill for all my meds ie zofran. I was soo upset! As I stormed out of his office I ran into my doc that took care of me with my first HG preg, And started me on B6 and unisom, and a steroid, zofram and reglan and yes, paxill. So besides being extremely tired I am feeling better. Better care is out there. While also reciving fluids there was another lady 7wks preg going through HG i gve her this website and told her to hang in there! :wink: and gave her my new doc's name.
Megan
Cole 4-14-04 (deletion 22Q13)
Mackenzie 01-02-06
Angel May 2006
Ella April 11, 2007
mdeban
Opinionated HGer

Postby BrandiJK » Aug 30, 2005 4:12 pm

Megan, I am so thankful you were able to get your old doc. back so easily. I think you should report that first doc!!! How dare he! That makes me so mad, and raises SO many issues for me; I am just zipping my lips. But I am happy you got your old doc back and have those meds you need! Do you get to see that doc through out the rest of your pregnancy, or do you have different docs each time?
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies