Migrane Headaches Daily

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Migrane Headaches Daily

Postby Trudy » Aug 31, 2005 5:20 am

Every pregnancy I have migranes which lead to more vomiting. I always taken panadol (paracetamol) often daily. I mentioned this to my midwife the other day who said that taking it daily is really bad as your liver can't process it and it becomes toxic.

I'm not sure what to do as I have to take something as the pain get sooooo bad! Anyone else had this problem? My midwife suggested taking electrolytes instead (which I've yet to try).

Trudy
Trudy

3x HG Pregnancies
Abby and Laura went to heaven Oct 2002
Beth born 21 May 2004
Adam born 7th Feb 2006

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".
Trudy
Forum Moderator

Postby mommy_bug2 » Aug 31, 2005 3:43 pm

Trudy,

I also have this problem. Was diagnosed with migraines when I was 16, the interesting thing is I did not get them the entire duration of my first and second pregnancy. But with #3 they have been awful. Obviously regular Tylenol does nothing. I have not found anything that is safe during pregnancy but there are some tricks I find that really work well.

1. rubbing a bit of icee hot or vicks on your temples and the back of your neck, take care to avoid your eyes but it feels absolutely wonderful.

2. Tylenol PM this helps when you get the chance to lay down but your head hurts so badly you can't sleep, seems to take just enough of the edge off to catch some zzzz's

3. Aromatherapy, anything that is soothing but isn't going to aggravate the hg..... I really like the liquid mentholatum (sp?) that you would put into a hymidifier. I know it's for congestion, but it help.

4. Sometimes a bit of caffeine is enough to take the edge of your pain off. It works as a stimulant. (I usually go with a strong cup of coffee or your favorite soda, if it's soda be sure it is ice cold)

Hope some of these help. My all time favorite is #1

Marjie
3xhg survivor Destiny Morgan 4 & Talen Arron 3 & Ivy Grace 16 months

HG FREE FOREVER!!!!
mommy_bug2
Been There Done That

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies