Any info on cyclizine??

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Any info on cyclizine??

Postby amerie » Sep 13, 2005 3:25 pm

Hi
i wonder if anyone can help me. I basically begged my doctor for some medication and he basically said there was nothing i could take. A day later i got admitted back into hospital and was given a medication called cyclizine. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any information on this medication.
Thanks
amerie

Postby dwtegli » Sep 13, 2005 3:29 pm

Here is a link to the medication page,

http://www.helpher.org/hyperemesis-grav ... ations.php

Ciclazine is under antihystamines a ways down the page. I don't have any experience with it, but maybe that will help. I have heard the name before, so someone must have had it before. Have you checked the HG outside the US thread? Their maybe some more information on other things you can try.

Good luck,
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby Trudy » Sep 13, 2005 10:59 pm

I was given cyclizine a few times in my 1st pregnancy and totally refuse to have it again. I only had I IV so I don't know what it's like orally. IV form has to be diluted and even then it burns your veins. My arm would be too painful to move and after multipul shots that vein is pretty much usless. I'm now on my 3rd pregnancy and even a simple blood test is now painful in 1 arm, that's how long its taking them to recover. Also it causes my blood pressure to crash and I feel just like I'm going under anaesthetic (I've been under 6 times so know the feeling well). And on top of all that It doesn't work for me.

But I know for some people its ok and they have no problems.

Good luck
Trudy
Trudy

3x HG Pregnancies
Abby and Laura went to heaven Oct 2002
Beth born 21 May 2004
Adam born 7th Feb 2006

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".
Trudy
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies