Sinus infection, need info

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Sinus infection, need info

Postby cthmschler » Jul 11, 2004 6:52 pm

Hello all
I have my second sinus infection of this pregnancy (less than I usually get in the same period of time, but anything on top of the HG is practically unbearable) Anyways, This time they started me on liquid Amoxicillan (which was all that would stay down last time, but we tried two others first). So, I've only been on it a day and a half, and I know I need to give it longer to work (I'm still getting worse right now), but I know that usually Amoxicillan alone is NOT usually enough to knock out one of my sinus infections, and in case it doesn't work, I need sugggestions of antibiotics that are both safe to take in pregnancy and that (hopefully) I won't throw up. I go back to my mid-wife on Wednesday (although if I keep getting worse I'll probably call in on Tuesday) and feel that I need suggestions because this appointment is with the mid-wife that seems much less sure of the HG care portion of my medical care. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby HGx3 » Jul 19, 2004 11:01 pm

ZPAK helped me. You only have to take it once a day for 5 days so it is easier to keep down than something you have to take several times a day. It stays in your system for several days following the last pill. It always worked for me. Maybe it will help you too
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby cthmschler » Jul 20, 2004 2:14 pm

WARNING: GROSSMENT INCLUDED

Thanks, the amoxicillan actually (kind of) worked this time, but now that I've been off it for three days, I'm already coughing up and blowing out green stuff again. Am going in tomorrow to be induced, so don't see the point of calling and asking to start antibiotics today. I'll ask before I leave the hospital, if symptoms persist. Thanks for the info!
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies