I went poo today!!!

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

I went poo today!!!

Postby Becky77 » Oct 12, 2005 11:22 pm

OK, so that might sound kinda weird, but I'm on Zofran and many of you know what that will do to your poo-pooing. This is the first time to over 3 weeks that I have been able to go without and enema! I feel so good about it. I almost wanted to put a sticker on my daughters potty training chart for myself! I am taking Colace and trying to up fiber intake. I just had to share with people who I know could understand such joy over a bowel movement!

Becky
Becky77
Been There Done That

Postby emily » Oct 12, 2005 11:42 pm

Becky, I have sooo been there. It is exciting!! LOL My dh used to look at me like I was a freak and I would just be like, yeah hon, someday when you get old and backed up you will totally understand. :P
emily
Devoted to You

Postby ann » Oct 13, 2005 2:32 pm

Congratulations, Becky! I share your joy...and pain! The last time I went was three days ago...and counting. I'm taking the max colace (3/day)? plus Metamucil. IWhen I finally go, I get then get a sudden burst of energy and start thinking about all of the stuff I want to do, like clean up the house...then reality sets in and I'm tired again. But its fun while it lasts! Happy for you
Ann
ann
Welcomed Friend

how'd ya do it?

Postby jenna » Oct 17, 2005 6:09 pm

Hi! I"m so jealous! Never thought I'd say that about poo! I too am on Zofran and just can't go. Any suggestions? I've just started taking Colace and have been using gycerin suppositorits to try and make it happen - better luck some days than others. Also, how long have you waited without going? Does this ever become dangerous? Thanks for sharing!

Jenna
jenna

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 17, 2005 6:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I announce it to my whole house! jeeze...I could easily shout it out to the world, write it on my van, call everyone I know and every one I don't LOL
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby mammaclare » Oct 17, 2005 9:25 pm

I would let DH know the number of "marbles" (that is what they felt and looked like to me) that I had each time I was able to go...until I delivered. I seriously was a whacko about it...so I can completely understand about the victory!
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 19, 2005 9:56 am

I'm here late, but I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 22, 2005 11:17 pm

TMI:

I just had a decent poo today too. YEAH! Nothing like the bliss of a good poo when you have hg, eh? In first trimester, I compare it to the afterglow of a good orgasm. :lol:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Becky77 » Oct 22, 2005 11:28 pm

I must say that my pooing has improved in the last few days. I've been able to go for the past two days, and it was almost normal poop, but it did hurt. The longest I've gone is 8 days without a BM, then I pulled out the enema. I decided not to go that long again because I was afraid of having to go to the doctor to be cleaned out. YUCK! So the last time I used an enema (nothing else seemed to do anything) I think I got really cleaned out and I am hoping I am on the right track now. I can't beleive how happy I am about poop. :oops:
Becky
Becky77
Been There Done That

Been there not looking forward to it again. Ugh.

Postby Bethers » Oct 23, 2005 2:47 pm

OMG I am so not looking forward to this part of the next pregnancy. I hate enemas. But I have IBS and have rectal surgery so you can imagine the joy I feel with that enema going into the scar tissue. Yay for me. NOT. hahaha This time I am taking Fibercon. Check with your dr's first. Mine okayed it. I am hoping that works otherwise enemas again. Ish. haha
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 23, 2005 7:22 pm

I have started benefiber on getting down much more of that awful clear fluid. Still no go here!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies