? about Phenergan

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

? about Phenergan

Postby PinkNailPolish » Oct 18, 2005 10:05 pm

I'm on Phenergan and Zofran for HG and the Phenergan still makes me drowsy. Just curious but does it also make the baby drowsy? I'm 28 weeks along.
Due with #1- Jan 06
PinkNailPolish

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 18, 2005 10:20 pm

Hmmmm. That's a very good question! I always had a hideous, burning reaction to Phenergan before I passed out, and I certainly hope my babies never felt that! Then again, it was always too early to feel any reaction from them at that point, so who knows. The place to ask would be Motherisk. Their website is www.motherisk.org, or call 1-800-436-8477. They have all the information on any drug used in pregnancy or breastfeeding. Let us know what you find--I'm curous to know!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby PinkNailPolish » Oct 18, 2005 10:57 pm

Thank you! The Phenergan generally burns when it goes down for me, I thought I was the only one! They gave me a shot of it in the bum, when I was in L&D a few weeks ago, and it BURNT so badly going in!
Due with #1- Jan 06
PinkNailPolish

Postby nomore » Oct 19, 2005 8:42 am

Well, I am not a medical expert, but have become somewhat of a phenergan expert...lol :)

When I get the IV version (still nightly at almost 25 weeks), my little peanut DANCES around! So, Im inclined to believe she doesnt get drowsy by it.

Also, I take it twice a day by suppositroy (and it doenst make me drowsy anymore), and baby is quite active during the day too.

However, I would be interested if it did cross the placenta. Maybe I will ask my DR...hmmmm

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies