I hate Zofran...or do I love it....or hate it....

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

I hate Zofran...or do I love it....or hate it....

Postby kmomto6 » Oct 31, 2005 3:33 pm

I almost ended up in the ER this weekend and not from vomiting. I was up for 5 hours with the most wicked intestinal cramps which then started me vomiting. Finally dh woke up and I had him go buy me some enema's. That got things moving but if it didn't I would have gone to the ER. It felt like I was in labor it hurt so much, actually I think labor hurt less. I didn't take the Zofran on Saturday to give my gut a break and then what do you think happened, I was throwing up and sick as a dog and for the icing on the cake my IV infiltrated. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.
kmomto6
Opinionated HGer

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 31, 2005 3:42 pm

::::::::::nodding head::::::::::: uh huh...I getit!!! I have to breathe through the intestional "contractions".

I am sorry, wish I had a magic cure!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

never thought I'd have this much to say about poo!

Postby jenna » Nov 01, 2005 1:43 pm

OK, so I hope this isn't too graphic, but I'm trying to figure out if I'm having a similar prob. . . Of course, I've been constipated from the Zofran. Much pain associated with the rare occasion that I actually "go" - I too have used the labor analogy (it's the only thing that comes CLOSE to the pain!). So, I've been taking more and more Colace, currently 300mg/day. And all of a sudden I started getting intestinal cramps . . . the 1st day I actually pooed and it was kinda soft - I even thought I might have a bug. Well, this has been going on for 3 days now. I wake up with the most horrendous cramps, I'm sure I'm not gonna make it to the bathroom, and then when I do, NOTHING. Just pain & occasionally a little "drop". What's up? I don't get it anymore . . .

Thanks for listening!

Jenna
jenna

Postby BrandiJK » Nov 01, 2005 1:53 pm

Sorry to say, I understand that too. I sometimes think the 'marbles' are better because at least they move. Sometimes it feels like when it is too 'soft', it just gets stuck on the intestinal walls.

I am sure that is not actually what is happening, but that's what it feels like.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby SusanB » Nov 01, 2005 8:41 pm

I know what you are going through. I finally went the other day (after like 24 days of not going) and for the last 3 days have been having horrible gas pain/cramps .....I hope you feel better soon!
SusanB

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies