anyone tried Anzemet?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

anyone tried Anzemet?

Postby jenna » Nov 01, 2005 1:33 pm

Hi All,

I just got insurance!!! But of course they don't want to cover my Zofran, which is the only thing keeping me going these days. They say that Anzemet is covered. Anyone out there tried it? Of course I can & will fight the insurance battle over getting Zofran covered, but just wondering if there's any insight into Anzemet -- why hasn't it been suggested before if it's soooo great (according to insurance - what do they know!).

Thanks!

Jenna
jenna

Postby BrandiJK » Nov 01, 2005 1:54 pm

I tried Anzemet, it was ok but not enough for me. However, I did find out, after the anzemet didn't work, they were willing to give me the zofran after all.

I have seen posts in here about people who say anzemet worked better then zofran for them. It can't hurt to try!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby PamelaRose » Nov 01, 2005 7:49 pm

From what I know, Anzemet and Zofran are sister meds--very similar in composition. We've had a few here who had good results with Anzemet, though most seem to go with Zofran. I don't think that has anything to do with the effectiveness of Anzemet; from what I've seen, Anzemet and Kytril can be just as helpful as Zofran for many women. It's trial and error, and perhaps once things have stabilized it will be worth a try. But if Zofran is working for you, get your doctor to override the insurance co. by saying that ONLY Zofran will work for you.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Violet » Jan 29, 2006 3:47 pm

I know this is an old post but just wanted to say that I have been on Anzemet since I was 16 weeks pregnant (I'm now 30) and it's worked like a charm. It stopped the vomiting and nausea immediately.
Violet, mom to Jazmin, 9 and HG baby Vincent who will be 3 on April 1st.
Violet

Postby snowmoon » Feb 22, 2006 10:55 am

My wife is receiving Anzemet and it helps, but not a lot. The hospital *WILL NOT* give her Zofran because of the cost. I have brought in the Zofran dissolving tabs, but the Dr wants to stick with IV only meds.
snowmoon

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies