Unisom does it work and...

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Unisom does it work and...

Postby Mishelly » Nov 19, 2005 10:04 pm

does it make you sleepy. I don't need to be more fatigued than I already am. Does it help w/ the nausea w/ B6? and how much do you take thank YOu! :o :?:
ImageImageImage
Mishelly
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Nov 27, 2005 12:17 pm

I didn't reply to this, so thought I would. The combo did not work for me. Anything that made me drowsy this pg is something that also made me very ill, and the B6 was probably too hard on my tummy.

However, lots of people have fantastic help with the combo.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Atsie » Nov 27, 2005 4:21 pm

I think it is similar to Diclectin and I found some relief from it but was really tired. I am not sure if it was PG or meds but for the first five months I couldn't stay up past 7!!! On Fridays I would fall into bed at 5:30 and sleep until Saturday!!

I hope it has offered you some relief!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby caleighbelle47 » Dec 11, 2005 1:24 am

I took unisom without b6. It worked but did make me tired. I stopped taking it when I got phenergan. It didn't make everything better, but it definately did help. You can also break the pill in half and take the halves seperately to help control the fatigue it causes.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby PamelaRose » Dec 11, 2005 1:48 am

I used Unisom for the first couple weeks of building HG with my last baby, and it did keep the edge off the nausea and probably held off the vomiting a day or two. I started at 1/4 tabs and quickly moved up to 1/2 tabs with no problem. It didn't work at all once the worst of the vomiting started, but when I weaned off of meclizine and back to Unisom at 20 weeks I had good results. I popped those little blue wonders all the time and never had any problems with drowsiness--even when my husband snored and I wished they would knock me out! Try 1/4 an hour before bed and see how it feels, and you can up it from there or know that it's not going to work for you.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies