Zantac 75 / Zantac 150

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Zantac 75 / Zantac 150

Postby BrandiJK » Dec 02, 2005 4:43 pm

I had Dh pick me up some Zantac from the warehouse store because it's so much cheaper there. But instead of the Zantac 75, he brought home Zantac 150.

Are these pretty much the same? I didn't even know there was a 150. Should I return them? Cut them? Or they are fine to take as is and may even help more? Am I just a big ol' paranoia?
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby nomore » Dec 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Brandi-

The 150 is twice the amount of zantac as the 75. Its what used to be a presciption dose, before they made it over the counter available.

Can you tell if the pills can be split? Only split pills that have a little indented line on them (otherwise you may not be getting the same 'amount' of medication each dose).

I wouldnt bump up to the 150 if the 75 is working fine for you.

I hope that helps.

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby BrandiJK » Dec 03, 2005 2:55 pm

Thank you Robin, that does help. The 75 were not working for me, so I have started taking 1 150 at night before bed and that helps a huge amount.

The don't have the line, but I have a pill slicer that is great at measuring.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies