Pax

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Pax

Postby hanufam » Dec 06, 2005 12:06 am

Chinese medicine and acupuncture does involve a picture of human physiology that is radically different from Western medicine and physiology. Acupuncturists work with a system of energy meridians. Illnesses involve imbalances of energy that can be treated by acupuncture along these meridians.

It is pretty mindblowing how it is supposed to work. I asked my acupuncturist about it and he said he was taught a lot of it, and in time and with practice he learns to perceive these meridians.

At the same time, to me it seems just as mindblowing that you could take a pill which would correct chemical imbalances in the body which would treat disease. That all seems normal to us, but if I ponder that, I can't wrap my ahead around that any better.

I would say that Chinese medicine is medicine and not religion. It isn't medicine that is normal to us. But to me, you could be a Christian and still partake without feeling you were implicated in non-Christian beliefs. After all, Western medicine isn't Christian medicine, is it?

We have seen an acupuncturist for HG. We felt it helps, and it would help restore and maintain health, but when we got too far behind in the illness we needed a stronger treatment provided by Western medicine. I would recommend seeing an acupuncturist before the HG set in as an approach to forestalling it.

Peace to you.
hanufam

Wrong thread!

Postby hanufam » Dec 06, 2005 12:09 am

Apologies. I was trying to reply to

To all Christians

With her concern about acupuncture.

And I ended up setting up a new thread.

If the moderator can adjust that, that would be best.
hanufam

Postby nomore » Dec 06, 2005 11:10 am

Hi there!

Im the moderator for this forum :) Welcome! I can move this thread to a different forum (topic), but not to a different thread. What I will do is link this response to the other thread you refered to.

Thank you for your imput. Im a personal beliver in accupunture, and also Catholic. As your post stated, I do not feel a conflict whats so ever. Chinese medicine is eastern medicine to me, not religous based. You dont need to "believe" in eastern values to see results.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies