how much colace do i take?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

how much colace do i take?

Postby poleidopy » Dec 14, 2005 1:17 pm

Now that I am on day three of zofran, I am way stopped up, if ya know what I mean. I'm miserable and in pain. I had DH pick me up some generic colace and took two at 6am. Still nothing. Maybe it was my HG/sleepy/dizzy/disoriented state, but i swear the bottle does NOT say how many to take! So...how many? What has worked for others? DO I take them w/food or a drink (ha, ha...right!) I did manage to drink a little juice w/the ones i took this morning. should I take more?????
Kawani
Child of God
Wife to Larry, since 9/13/03
Mama to Caleb, 7/01/04 severe HG
Micah, 6-2-06 severe HG
Naomi India due late April/early May worst HG yet...
poleidopy

Postby dwtegli » Dec 14, 2005 1:23 pm

You can take up to three per day. I used to take them every night before bed. It may take a couple of days to work, but once they do if you take them religiously, they will hopefully help.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies