Hyperemesis and Marijuana

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Re: Hyperemesis and Marijuana

Postby projectpeace » Oct 10, 2014 1:43 pm

For finding out about ways of ingesting Cannabis without smoke or psychoactivity...

Cannabis International Foundation
http://cannabisinternational.org/index.php

Cannabis, children, pregnancy and breastfeeding
https://vimeo.com/46040575
projectpeace

Postby DivineLotus » Jan 06, 2015 4:01 pm

I'm live in CA where there are dispensaries every corner. I get my vaporizer from a friend. I've been using it for the past two weeks. It helps me get the yucky nausea feeling so I can eat. I'm 8w2d.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Postby Brooke82 » Jul 02, 2015 3:16 pm

I live in California as well, and did use a "vaporizer pen" before finding out I was pregnant. I stopped once I found out. This is my 2nd pregnancy but first battle with HG. I'm on zofran but it's not giving me any relief. I've been getting IV treatments as well. After reading all of these posts I'm now considering trying some form of edible or vapor to see if it gives me any relief. I'm willing to try anything at this point. Can't be that much worse than the prescription medications I'm being given. I'm hoping it will relieve the nausea and allow me to get down liquids !!! Walking around dry heaving/vomiting bile all day all while caring for a toddler is getting very hard for me to do.
Brooke82

Postby Endorraces » Jul 13, 2015 6:28 pm

At this point, I want to try anything that works. I'm on Zofran, Reglan, b-6 with unisom, and daily IV Infusions. My husband is afraid that kaiser will report is to cps for trying to combat this with cannabis. Does anyone have any experience with this in Southern California? Specifically with Kaiser insurance?

This is my first pregnancy, I'm currently 14 ½ weeks and hg has no sign of letting up. Estimated delivery date, 1/6/15
Last edited by Endorraces on Jul 14, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endorraces

Postby Brooke82 » Jul 13, 2015 7:37 pm

I have kaiser as well and I have heard stories that they test at time of birth but not sure about testing for drugs in any other point of pregnancy. They send you all of your test results so I would think they have to disclose any of your results to you but who knows.
Brooke82

Postby Open Minds » Feb 25, 2016 2:00 pm

Hello,
My name is Eric Geisterfer and I do volunteer background research on medical cannabis (marijuana). I'm including a link to a research article I posted which includes the latest scientific evidence on cannabis and pregnancy and will clarify a lot of questions being asked in this forum regarding marijuana, pregnancy, effects on the fetus, morning sickness and HG. Just highlight the link, right click and open article in a new link, it will take you to the article.

https://medium.com/@ericgeisterfer/how-marijuana-can-play-a-medicinal-role-during-pregnancy-508f23f61719#.ik2jeot9x

I hope this helps.
Open Minds

Previous

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies