Visteril as a treatment!

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Visteril as a treatment!

Postby MelissaCNC » Apr 11, 2013 10:25 am

I wanted to put this out there so any of you suffering now may have an option. I suffered severely with 3 pregnancies over 20 years ago. Multiple hospitalizations, TPN, but I did have 2 wonderful children. But the experience and pain have been seared into me and did forever change me. Mid way through my 3rd pregnancy my doctor gave me Visteril one evening- I was hospitalized for the third time and very upset. I was only 20 weeks and exhausted. Visteril is an antihistamine tranquilizer. When I woke up the next morning it was like a miracle. I was nauseous until noon then ATE LUNCH!! Long story shortened- I took it every evening and got off the TPN and was able to stop dropping weight. Easy delivery 3 weeks early (induced). Good luck and hang tough!!
MelissaCNC

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies