home care?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

home care?

Postby serephimlafey » Apr 27, 2013 10:15 am

After being hospitalized twice my insurance company may finally pay for in home care for me. What is that? I have only ever been to the er or hospitalized during my previous two Hg pregnancies.
Also lays time i was hospitalized my Dr put me on social isolation. Ever hear of that before, because i haven't.
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Re: home care?

Postby Nardles81 » May 17, 2013 12:41 am

Home care for me just meant that when I needed fluids I didn't have to go to the er, bags and other supplies were messengered or fedexed to me and a nurse came and hooked me up. When I got a picc line the same company handled my zofran pump, tpn, and dressing changes for the picc.
I also had a nurse that I would call every day and based on what I told her she would adjust my zofran dose or get me on fluids. I would weigh myself daily and check my urine for ketones.
It was so much better than going to the hospital! And my kids were much happier to have me home, they even liked helping me push around my iv pole :)
DD 4/7/07 fluffy
DD 8/13/10 hg weeks 7-delivery at 37 weeks, iv fluids, zofran pump weeks 15-31
DD 6/23/13 hg weeks 4-33 weeks when induced for preeclampsia.
This time I had... iv fluids, reglan, zofran pump, phenergan, unisom/b6, pepcid, protonix, picc line with tpn, methyprednisolone
Nardles81
Welcomed Friend

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies