Vitamin K and vitamin C as treatment?!

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Vitamin K and vitamin C as treatment?!

Postby jmacrae » Jun 30, 2015 5:00 pm

I have read that vitamin K in combination can alleviate symptoms of HG, and even completely alleviate it in some cases!? Has anyone tried this and it was effective?
jmacrae

Re: Vitamin K and vitamin C as treatment?!

Postby Threesacharm » Jun 30, 2015 9:28 pm

I haven't heard of it or used it as a treatment with any of my pregnancies. It would be great if it was true though.
Threesacharm
Been There Done That

Re: Vitamin K and vitamin C as treatment?!

Postby eliana1300 » Oct 23, 2015 5:48 pm

I can tell you that Vitamin K, or potassium, can help when potassium levels are low, but you can only tell by bloodwork. I needed potassium a few times during my first pg, but not during my second. I didn't get as sick during my second because I was proactive in treating my HG. I didn't care much about Vitamin C though. Sometimes I craved citrus, but often it was more the sour that the taste I needed.
Eliana
1st pg = HG 8 weeks to c-section delivery due to breech presentation--D&C at 4 months PP for retained placenta
2nd pg = HG from 6 weeks up to 7 months--scheduled c-section
eliana1300
HG Diva

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies