No more zofran

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

No more zofran

Postby Number3 » Feb 08, 2016 8:41 pm

I'm 7 weeks with my third and this time around doc has said she no longer prescribes zofran because it's been linked to developmental disabilities. She's told me to take 25mg unisom at night, and 25mg B6 4x a day instead. Anyone have luck with this in past or current pregnancies? I'm skeptical, but mainly because I highly doubt I'm going to be able to keep a pill down 4 X a day. I got the melts for the unisom so that won't be a problem, but not sure how this B6 is going to work. Anyone have feedback on their experiences?
Number3

Re: No more zofran

Postby Misstristyn » Apr 07, 2016 6:07 pm

I do the unisom (make sure it's the doxylamine) and b6 and have during all of my pregnancies. It does help, especially if you start it before you start feeling sick, like as soon as you find out you're pregnant. I'm 7 weeks and still fluffy this go and that's all I'm taking (12.5 MG each twice a day). In the past it didn't cut it by itself and I took Zofran as well. We'll see how this one goes on, but if it came to it I would find a provider who would write for the Zofran.
Misstristyn

Re: No more zofran

Postby LaurenC4 » Apr 12, 2016 4:59 pm

nothing even touched the nausea for me besided Zofran with my first pregnancy and with my second not eve Zofran helped very much.
DD 1/23/11 HG 5 weeks-Birth
Baby 2 due 8/11/14 HG 5 weeks-?
LaurenC4

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies