How long before Reglan pump starts making me feel better?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

How long before Reglan pump starts making me feel better?

Postby AmyMCGS » Feb 06, 2006 9:26 am

I've had my Reglan pump since last Wednesday, and today is Monday.

Really, I don't feel any better than I did before I got the pump. I still have daily nausea, and I still get sick about once a day. (Ok, that's reduced from 4x a day before the pump.) I'm still not able to eat much and I still am losing weight. And, since I've been on Reglan, I sleep constantly-- up to 10 hours during the day!

When I talk to the nurses (daily) during my check-ins, they assure me this is normal. It doesn't feel normal. Shouldn't this thing be helping me by now?
~~Amy~~ HG Survivor x2
Mom to DD, born at 33 weeks-- 4/1/03
and DS, born at 30 weeks-- 6/21/06--10 weeks early, but doing well!
AmyMCGS
Been There Done That

Postby Gracie » Feb 06, 2006 10:29 am

Hi Amy,

I have no experience with a Reglan pump, but I am sure other ladies can help you with that specific... I was on reglan for 2 weeks from 10-12 weeks (my first admission) and I can tell you that most of the time I slept. If I tried to force myself to stay awake I just felt worse... it was like being in a fog or having an out of body experience; the world was moving at one speed and I was on another and in a 5-second delay. I eventually had to stop because the side effects did get worse (tremors, spasms, loss of limb control, unability to focus my eyes on something)... it is called an extrapyramidal reaction or extrapyramidal syndrome and apparently very common with Reglan. No harm to the baby and no permanent damage to me... once the med was out of me, it all stopped. Keep an eye on that, as it can come on 2 weeks or so after the med is started... in retrospect, there were symptoms earlier but I just thought it was the HG and my electrolytes being off.

Are you on a combination of meds or just Reglan? Most women find a combination of meds more helpful than one single med and I haven't seen anyone (yet) who is just on Reglan... but the ladies will tell you if I am wrong.

Take care!
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies