NAET and HG

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

NAET and HG

Postby emily » May 29, 2004 11:02 pm

NAET can be explored more in depth at www.naet.com. I was first introduced to it by my mother who used it to treat severe food allergies. It has been suggested to me that during pregnancy, the excessive hGH may basically cause an allergic reaction resulting in HG. I don't have any first hand experience with NAET though. I know it seems a rather "alternative" alternative treatment but it worked miracles for my mother and I do have many friends whose children have been successfully treated using NAET. It is something, in conjuction with accupuncture, that I will be trying if I am brave enough to get pregnant again. Sigh. I am trying to work up the courage ladies, but the reality of HG.... I just don't know. Anyhow, this is what I have on NAET.
emily
Devoted to You

Postby jenniz » May 30, 2004 6:20 pm

Is this the treatment that involves holding onto a substance contained within a glass vial? This sounds like something I tried with my first pregnancy (over 4 years ago). I did not go back for a second treatment, as I primarily went for accupuncture and got so sick during that treatment that I couldn't bring myself to go back. I remember thinking how odd a concept this was...but, had I remembered it earlier this time, I probably would have tried it again...for right now, I will just continue to be sick for as long as I continue this cruel pregnancy! UGH! I think its great that it might be helpful for HG. It was very odd going through this treatment...I was lying on the table (at a chiropractor's office) and he kept putting different vials (each containing different substances) in my hand and would test "strength" at certain points (arms, legs) while holding that substance. I'd be interested if anyone else has done this, and with what success. :oops:
________
Buy Silver Surfer
Last edited by jenniz on Feb 17, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniz

Postby nomore » Apr 08, 2005 12:17 pm

Hi,

I just posted a lot on this in the Prep for Hg folder. I didnt even think there was on thread on this!!! My apolgies! Here is the link. Its probably would better fit in this folder, although I am doing NAET as a preparation for possible HG.

Link: http://www.helpher.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1878

Robib
nomore
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies