infusion woes continued - Zofran the mean savior - HELP

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

infusion woes continued - Zofran the mean savior - HELP

Postby DeColeCody » Sep 12, 2004 8:00 am

They changed me from Reglan to Zofran yesterday. I could not handle that pain al night and removed the site. I am going to try another leg. Have any of you had to change legs everyday? Was it worse in the beginning? I felt better nausea wise yesterday but the pain was so much that I could nto wak on my leg. I also ended up at the ER getting 2 bags of fluid! What a great day! My DH let me take myself as he said he gets bored while I am getting fluids... SO I had to take myself. Since I took my site out at 5:00 am I am feeling really bad, I am just worried about the pain for today. :roll:
DeCole Cody
Suffering in Dallas
Zofran Pump
Reglan - caused depression with pump
Phenergan Suppositories
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

Postby RebeccaM » Sep 12, 2004 5:13 pm

Sorry about the pump pain and problems. And on top of it you had to go to the ER! I hate it there. Is there possibly another place you could get fluids from? I know I would do anything to avoid the ER. Some hospitals have IV/hydration therapy in a separate section of the hospital, and it's a lot nicer, easier and quicker than the ER. Or maybe your doctors office would do it. Or maybe you could have it done at home?

Just some ideas. You may have already addressed this in another post somwhere, so sorry if I'm repeating.

I hope the pain from the Zofran pump eases up.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby BlueEeyore » Sep 12, 2004 5:52 pm

I found the pain from the zofran subsided after a day or two, so I actually kept my sites for 4 or so days. I dreaded a new site and new pain.
Survivor of 18 months of HG - through 2 long pregnancies.
BlueEeyore
Been There Done That

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies