Accupuncture, SOTC Chriopractic

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Accupuncture, SOTC Chriopractic

Postby PamelaRose » May 30, 2004 11:35 am

I tried accupuncture with my first 2 children. It's hard to say if it really helped or not--I wasn't able to crawl in to try it until 14 weeks each time, and by then HG was letting up on its own. But the accupuncture was not uncomfortable, and I figured there was little difference in sleeping there with needles in me than sleeping at home.

I did have good results with chiropractic. After all that time in bed it felt great to get my body back into alignment, and the SOTC massage techniques helped with the headaches and did stave off some of the weaker nausea. Never tried herbs, though, but I guess I would have given anything a shot--worst case is you puke it back up, right?
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby annie1005 » May 30, 2004 7:16 pm

Thanks for the response. I guess you're right; can't hurt to give it another try and see if it helps. I'm feeling pretty desperate at this point...
annie1005

Herbs it is?

Postby PamelaRose » May 30, 2004 10:21 pm

Let us know how it goes! I'm always interesting in hearing what new treatments are out there. And one of these days I'm going to figure out how to respond instead of start a new topic! lol
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby galit » May 31, 2004 8:07 am

I tried accupuncture and it really helped to keep the nausea away, with of course my medication. I started the accupuncture while TTC and have been doing it weekly. I am now 18 weeks pregnant and have only thrown up once. With my previous pregnancy I was taking the same dosage of medication, lost 30 pounds in the first 3 weeks, was throwing up daily and had to go to the ER 3 times for hydration.

I think that if you start early with accupuncture before the HG really sets in, preferably while TTC, it might have a better chance. I'm sure that it won't work for everybody especially for those with severe HG, but it might help those with mild to moderate HG as an addition to the proactive protocol they are already doing. I also think you need to go to a good accupuncturist who has had lots of experience with pregnant women.

galit
galit

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies