Any thoughts/experiences with Yoga?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Any thoughts/experiences with Yoga?

Postby Katie'sMama » Sep 13, 2004 9:13 pm

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had thoughts/experiences with using Yoga to prepare for the stresses of a second HG pregnancy? Not that I'm sure that I'm up to doing this again!!! :wink: Any stories/experiences would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Angie
Katie'sMama

Postby RebeccaM » Sep 14, 2004 1:58 pm

Hi Angie,

I am currently doing yoga to help me prepare for another HG pregnancy. I had my daughter a year ago tomorrow (I can't beleive she's almost 1!) and this past spring I took a yoga class to see if I liked it, and I LOVED it. So I got a video and I've been doing it at home. It makes me feel great, but I couldn't tell you if it helps with the HG because we're not pregnant yet (at least I don't think we are :? ). But regardelss, it makes me feel better and healthier, and I feel like my body will be in better shape when I do get pregnant again. And hopefully I will feel well enough to continue a light yoga workout even when I am pregnant. At the very least, it destresses me, and that in itself can help lessen HG sympotoms.

I recommend at least giving it a try. Take a class and see if it's something you like. Good luck preparing! It can be a very scaring thing to face HG again, but being prepared is the best thing you can do.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby Katie'sMama » Sep 14, 2004 7:31 pm

Rebecca,

Thank you for the reply! Yes, it certainly seems as if yoga couldn't hurt. I was not in as good of shape as I would have liked the first time around (job, grad school and an auto accident sort of took their toll on my exercise routine). My baby turned one at the end of August. I figure maybe I have a year or two to recover before trying this again; we're not getting any younger around here :lol: Yoga seemed like a good place to start. I wish you the best as you prepare for the second time around! You're soooo brave!!! :)
Angie
Katie'sMama

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies