Some alternative thoughts

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Some alternative thoughts

Postby Hotbrass » Sep 20, 2004 11:21 pm

I have had HG 2X and have treated them both naturally. I have had two perfect home-births and two healthy kids. I tried everything from ginger to sniffing spearmint. I was so sick from the conception till about 4 and a half months both times. I never took anything except three reglan pills to be able to move three states away from all family and friends. Not a great plan and we moved back in three weeks. Since then I have done a lot of study on my alternatives and have heard of one that just makes sense to me. A naturopath said that the baby has it's own DNA not mine or my husbands and therefore is a foreign object in my body. He said that every woman's body reads the baby this way and it all depends on how the woman's body deals with the foreign tissue. (Just as a heart transplant or a kidney transplant patient has different levels of rejection)
He said that in eastern medicine if you have a heart problem they give you a form of heart pills for liver they give liver pills and so for an attack of the placenta they give placenta pills. My body would then attack the pills and not my own placenta. It sounds crazy but he said that it has been used for hundreds of years with great results. So I am thinking of trying this on my next pregnancy (this fall we hope.) Anyone hear of such a thing?
HGx4 - Long term dental issues and Esophageal Damage
Tank (19) Untreated! Fought Pre-E last 6 weeks
Angel (17) Untreated!
Cougar (10) 6 Zofran pills. Mild PPD
Pumpkin (4) Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, IV's, Zofran and you name it, I've probably tried it.
H.F.G. is in the arms of Jesus (Miscarriage at 3 months/I was 40) after 2 months in bed sick.
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

Postby DeColeCody » Sep 23, 2004 10:39 am

What are placenta pills?
DeCole Cody
Suffering in Dallas
Zofran Pump
Reglan - caused depression with pump
Phenergan Suppositories
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

Placenta pills...

Postby Hotbrass » Oct 03, 2004 9:26 pm

I'm trying to find out exactly what name, manufacture and ingredients my naturopathic doctor is using. I will let you know asap. mtpure
Last edited by Hotbrass on Oct 04, 2004 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angel (17) Untreated!
Pumpkin (4) Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, IV's, Zofran and you name it, I've probably tried it.
H.F.G. is in the arms of Jesus (Miscarriage at 3 months/I was 40) after 2 months in bed sick.
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

update on placenta pills..

Postby Hotbrass » Oct 03, 2004 10:29 pm

I have found a few things on placenta pills. The placenta pills common in chinese medicine are typically from pig placenta and has been used for thousands of years. Try www.craneherb.com/products/product001109 they call it "restorative pills" I also found info about using your own placenta for health reasons but that doesnt help you right now. That was on www.gentilebirth.org I will still find out the info from my naturopath. Mtpure
Angel (17) Untreated!
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

more info

Postby ischa » Dec 15, 2004 12:17 pm

I spoke with a doctor this morning who has also used the method of giving placental hormones and she has seen great success. Any more information would be great!

Has your naturopath talked of safety in pregnancy...
ischa

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies