Phenergan.....????

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Phenergan.....????

Postby jennm » Sep 27, 2004 7:46 pm

I am pregnant with baby #4! I have suffered from hg with my other pregnancies (#1 lost 17 lbs, #2 lost 19lbs and #3 lost 21lbs) Doc said this was normal.....Now after much research this is not normal. I have a great doc now. He has me on phenergan to start off and try. I am 7wks and have already lost 6 lbs. I don't vomit a whole lot, but nausea is very severe... Now here is my question...Phenergan makes me feel drowsy and out of it. I just lie down all day, and don't feel much better. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could ask my doc about? Anything help severe nausea? Thank you so much this board is such a blessing
jennm

Postby emily » Sep 27, 2004 8:35 pm

If you go to the first trimester forum, at the top there is a sticky. It contains lots of great information about different things to try. Many people have success using the B6 and unisom combo to fight nausea. Both are over the counter and worth a try.

I think we have all had a similar experience with phenergren and it isn't a choice drug for most of us.
emily
Devoted to You

Postby RebeccaM » Sep 28, 2004 4:13 pm

If you read through the posts in this (the medications) forum you will find many great ideas. Also, check out the common medications page on this website. It has a very comprehensive list of different medications you can use.

Here is the link:

http://www.helpher.org/mothers/treatmen ... ations.php

I hope you find something that works!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby HGx3 » Sep 30, 2004 1:13 am

There are so many drug combos for nausea!!!! Please go to the 1st tri folder and read the post from Andy..ivydragon. She has a very descriptive and informative post there with all of the combos.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies