Weekend from hell

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Weekend from hell

Postby Bethers » Oct 06, 2004 2:01 pm

I was in the hospital over the weekend so sick. I haven't gone to the bathroom in 4 days. I am now going to try Senekot. If anyone knows more about that medication please let me know. Will it work?
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby mammaclare » Oct 06, 2004 9:05 pm

I am so sorry that you are having trouble. I can tell you when I was not eating much at all, and was at the max dose of Zofran, I didn't poop for three weeks. Three weeks is a long time. I wasn't able to take anything that stayed down and was deathly afraid of taking any stimulant. I simply kept trying to up my water, forced down a lot of raisin bran, tried suppositories and waited. Finally things started moving and were very slow and not too comfy for the whole pregnancy but as long as I spent some time daily "working on it", I managed.

I hope that the Senekot works--I think aaronsmommy used it and surely some others.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies