? on when to take meds

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

? on when to take meds

Postby emily » Nov 03, 2004 2:04 pm

Not really sure where to post this. Okay, so far, I am taking Zofran, multi vitamin, B6, and colace. My question is on mixing these. Should I take them all together or at different times. I take most of them several times a day. Mix with food, or not with food. Any thoughts? I just want to take them the most effective way possible.

Emily
emily
Devoted to You

Postby mammaclare » Nov 03, 2004 8:37 pm

I know that some docs recommend a vitamin be taken with food to ease the tummy problems it may cause...I would read the label.

As for the others, I believe that they are all "without regard to food", which means food won't have any impact on their absorption, so it wouldn't matter.

Bottom line is that you should read and go by the labeling on each med--if that means that some get taken at the same time, then it is okay. If you want to experiment with the B6/Zofran alternating, it wouldn't hurt.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies