constant eating to ease nausea?

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

constant eating to ease nausea?

Postby gail77 » Sep 12, 2007 7:21 pm

Unlike my first pregnancy where I eventually couldn't eat or drink anything except popsicles and bananas, this time if I don't eat every two hours I get violent hunger pains and increased nausea. This wouldn't be so bad if I could stand eating anything!!!

I assumed that once I got to the 2nd tri that the smells and nausea would lessen, but they haven't. Well now my bouts of the really severe nausea are shorter and farther apart (last a few hours, happen about twice a day now), but eating or trying to eat is still very difficult for me.

Last week, instead of adding some new foods to my safe list, I have had to eliminate some of them!! I am down to chocolate protein shakes (Atkins), oranges, and a trail mix made up of peanuts, sunflower seeds, M&M's and raisins. (these foods were all added while I was trying things that had protein, and these all worked).

The problem I'm having is these things don't really keep me full feeling and so I'm having to eat them practically non-stop (even wake up at night and shove some in before going back to sleep). From experinece, I know that these 3 things can only last so long on my safe list.

My fear is that if there is nothing I can eat, I will start the vomiting like last time and go downhill from there. Does anyone else have a similair problem? I know many of you can't eat at all, so I don't mean to seem disrespectful in complaining, but I am just trying to avoid going even further downhill.

Thanks for listening!
gail77
Been There Done That

Postby Hilary » Sep 12, 2007 7:47 pm

I have recently started eating to keep the nausea at bay. I have found that as long as I try a new food here and there I can generally keep 1-2 things on my safe food list. I am putting on the pounds (funny cause I am on IVs too--no safe drinks here) for the first time. I am still 8lbs under my starting weight. As for high protien food that have been safe, I don't have many. I am having a real problem with protein. This list is from 2 pg's I doubt much will work for you, but maybe something will or give you an idea! :hugs:
FOODMENTS
Slimfast meal replacement bars, chocolate chip cookie dough was the easiest to digest--I liked the Krogers brand best, they seemed to dissolve more readily.
Snickers
Baby Ruths
Peanut M&Ms
Almond M&Ms
Morningstart mini-corn dogs (soy)
Yogurt (this one came on and off the list a few times)(Large red carton strawberrry yoplait only :roll: )
It's funny because for the longest time anything with nuts or chocolate was NOT ok, then one day there were all I could hold down!

That's about it for high protien My safefoods right now are:
Fresh pealed peaches
Gayla Apples (with carmel if I have it around)
OJ (can't believe this one!)
Bagels and cream cheese
English muffins and melted american cheese
I think that is the longest safefood list I have ever had!

ENDFOODMENTS

GL Hang in there! :hugs:
Hilary
Devoted to You

Postby gail77 » Sep 12, 2007 8:04 pm

oh my gosh! Almost all of your safe foods were on my list at one time or another! :D The yogurt was a huge staple for me the first 4 weeks I was sick; but I had it so often that one day I just couldn't look at it. And I know what you mean about the orange juice, I feel suprised that the oranges aren't increasing my acid reflux, but they are absolutley the only thing I can really enjoy instead of just force down. Everything else on the safe list is yucky but I can get it down.

I am going to try the slimfast bars though, I might be able to do those since they are sweet.
Thanks for giving me your list, I appreciate your help!
gail77
Been There Done That

Postby caleighbelle47 » Sep 12, 2007 9:45 pm

It's so hard. My only suggestion is to keep trying new things or even retry old things. My safe list (as it seems everyone else's) was always changing. Nothing lasted long and new things came and went.

Also check out the sticky's at the top of this folder, there's lots of food suggestions in there that have worked for people.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Return to Foodments