Pennsylvania (Harrisburg, Allentown, Philadelphia areas)

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Pennsylvania (Harrisburg, Allentown, Philadelphia areas)

Postby ischa » Dec 13, 2004 3:56 pm

I am looking for a doctor in the PA area.

During my last pregnancy my doctor smiled at me when I told him I had now lost 20% of my body weight and said "I'm sure you'll gain it all back." He then added "remember there is no magic pill for this." After several more trips to the hospital I miscarried at 16 weeks. He weighs about 250 I am guessing. At the time I was about 105 and to be honest I was so mad I think I could have taken him. :)

I don't think I'll be working with him anymore.

Is there any information for the PA area?

Jessica
ischa

Postby MamaLily » Dec 19, 2004 1:27 am

Jessica -

I'm so sorry to hear what your doctor said - and how he treated (or rather, didn't treat) you. You deserve someone better!

Take a look at the thread in this "Need to Find a Physician" forum...it's called "Ways to find a doctor" or something like that. I compiled all of the ideas I have for finding a great, HG-knowedgable doctor. If you follow some of those ideas, I know you will find a great doctor.

I highly recommend that you see a perinatologist or Maternal-Fetal Medicine doctor....they will know more about treatment options and will likely be more aggressive and proactive in your treatment.

I'd be happy to help you more myself, but I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant and sick! So it may be a while before I can post again. Good luck and please let me know what you find!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby jschwab » Jan 23, 2005 11:50 pm

If you don't mind Philadelphia, try Penn Family Care which is in the U Penn hospital network. I see Dr. Goldberg who is a family practice doctor who delivers babies at HUP. She treated me right away with fluids even though I was not nearly as sick as some of the women who've been refused treatment . She was sick with her pregnancies so she understands. She will probably recommend acupuncture as a first course but she is easy to talk to about all the options.

Janine
jschwab
Been There Done That

Postby pamedic » Sep 06, 2006 8:21 pm

I know that this post is really old, but I figured if anyone was scanning the old posts to find a doc I would post. I'm in the Allentown / Bethlehem area of PA and I have a great doc that has listen to me and taken very good care of me. It is St. Lukes OB/GYN and my favorite doc is Dr. Kriner. They have 3 docs that do OB and they do take you seriously. I did have one cracker me a few times, but you rotate through them and can schedule with the one you want. They have really been on the ball though. I would go back to them for another pregnancy.
pamedic
Been There Done That

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment