Therapist online

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Therapist online

Postby Thandie&bensmom » Jan 03, 2007 9:30 pm

Does anyone know a therapist who has had hg that is willing to do counseling via phone or email? I don't think I'm ready to tell someone my issues face to face. I need a therapist who really understands what I'm talking about; I have no patience left for someone who tries to sympathize.
Thandie&bensmom
Welcomed Friend

Postby Atsie » Jan 03, 2007 9:44 pm

There was an article in the New York post http://forums.helpher.org/viewtopic.php?t=9852 and the woman who had HG is a therapist does counselling over the phone for women with HG. As she says in her article, most women with HG can't move let alone go in to see a therapist. I don't have any contact info for her though. If you do get through to her please let me know. This would be valuable for ladies here.

Hope that helps.
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby aaronsmommy » Jan 03, 2007 9:44 pm

There's this lady, I don't know her, or know if she does any consults on the phone or online http://forums.helpher.org/viewtopic.php?t=9852

I think there are a couple others listed on the referral page for the website.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby IslandDreamer » Jan 03, 2007 10:11 pm

My therapist didn't have HG but she worked me through the PTSD and related HG stuff. She might do phone. I could check. If you can't find an HGer who is able to help, let me know if I should contact Mary.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby NoMoreHG » May 25, 2007 9:10 pm

I think I remember seeing someone posted under the 'get help now' section for Florida. You could look... it's worth a try. One of my pastors at church has listened to my story so much and has invested time into understanding HG... perhaps someone near you could fill the role if they showed interest in at least reading through several posts HG survivors have made. Thankfully I have been through years of counseling and could work myself through much of my healing process, with God of course. I'm sure there is someone online with us... and I hope that they find your post. Keep posting in different areas until you find them.

Good luck.

PS - I found prayer based counseling to have the largest impact.
HG Survivor Two Times Over
Emily ~ Born Nov. 2002
Luke ~ Born May 2006
NoMoreHG
Welcomed Friend

Postby NoMoreHG » May 25, 2007 9:14 pm

Not sure if this will help, but here is the info from the volunteer list:

Kathleen Essig, MA
Psychologist
kathleen822@bellsouth.net
Jacksonville, Florida
HG Survivor Two Times Over