Update on getting fired...

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Update on getting fired...

Postby ktlynn_74 » Jan 09, 2007 10:05 pm

So well I have also contacted a lawyer my mom and aunt wrote a response to the letter that they sent me. It basiclly stated the laws regarding pregnancy discrimination and also pointed out that they have granted leaves for people to go study abroad and that they were not giving me the same consideration. I also stated that I have a great work record and urging to reinstate my position. It really helps to have a smart mother and an aunt who has worked in a lawyers office for years lol! They should have recieved it today and now I'm just waiting for a response. If they don't just reinstate me then I will go forward with the lawyer.....good thing I will qualify for FLMA by the time that maternity leave roles around lol! Hopefully they will just give me my job back because to avoid all the legal hassle!
ktlynn_74
Opinionated HGer

Postby mrsbigdog » Jan 09, 2007 10:16 pm

I'm glad you're taking some action. I hope it all goes well and you hear from them soon.

Donna
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Postby Proudmama » Jan 09, 2007 11:15 pm

Good for you and your mom and aunt. I am glad that you all are taking a stand. There is no sense for that treatment and I hope you get a response you are seeking. I am so proud of all of you and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

:hugs:
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment