I got my job back...

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

I got my job back...

Postby ktlynn_74 » Jan 16, 2007 10:58 pm

Well apparently my letter worked. They called me today and want me to return to work tommorrow. I am happy, but kind of sad too because I gave them till last Friday to respond and when they hadn't I went ahead and purchased tickets to fly out and visit my cousin in AZ. Now I spent the rest of my Christmas money from my mom on those and won't get to go because I'll have to work! I am kinda bummed but in the long run having my job back is far more important then a little R&R. I just have to get the slip filled out allowing me to go back and I'm set. I have my weekly doctors appt tommorrow anyways so I'll get it filled out then! Thanks for all the prayers girls they must have worked!

Katie
ktlynn_74
Opinionated HGer

Postby mrsbigdog » Jan 17, 2007 5:24 pm

I'm so happy for you that it worked out. At least that's one victory on your side!

Donna
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Postby krdoty » Jan 22, 2007 7:11 pm

That's great news! Did they state in the letter wether they are going to consider you continuously employed rather than rehired? If not then I would suggest you push for that to ensure that you qualify for FMLA and continuous benefits.
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby Proudmama » Jan 22, 2007 10:38 pm

:D

I just saw your post. That is wonderful that you got your job back. I am so proud that you stood up and let them know who was boss. I am sorry that you do not get to go to AZ but at least you can smile that you won. Good for you.
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby ktlynn_74 » Jan 23, 2007 1:46 am

I did make sure that my original hire date stands and my pay (I had gotten a couple of raises) remains the same. I have been back for 4 days now and everything seems to be going really smooth. My boss even sent me a email after she listened to one of my calls (I work on the phone) saying it sounded like I was back in the groove of things and to keep up the good work! :D On another note my work director is going to look into allowing me to go to AZ since I already had the tickets and will get back to me tomm wish me luck!

Katie
ktlynn_74
Opinionated HGer

Postby krdoty » Jan 23, 2007 11:04 am

Woo hoo!
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Encouragement

Postby mistykt327 » Mar 14, 2007 1:46 pm

Hi,

I just got fired from my job after being on STD with HG. Today was supposed to be my return-to-work day but they called me yesterday and told me that I was terminated. I'm also not covered by FMLA because I only worked there for 7 months (2 of which were on STD) so I don't have much hope. Only one other person that I know of was on STD recently at the company and she was on it for neck surgery. She still has her job. No one besides me has been fired that I know of.

I just had to say that your experience lifted my spirits considerably. We're going to talk with someone to see if anything can be done. Either way, I'm glad that *someone* was treated fairly in the end. Thanks for posting your story.

~Katie
14w2d
mistykt327

Postby aaronsmommy » Mar 14, 2007 5:31 pm

Katie - They aren't allowed to treat pregnancy related disabilities any different than other disabilities, but it may be hard to prove that is what they did. It s certainly worth looking in to, and speaking with a lawyer though.

Depending on what state you live in, you may have more protection than just what FMLA gives you. Of course even that doesn't mean that employers actually follow the law.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment