On a thin line...

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

On a thin line...

Postby maryliz » Jan 30, 2007 9:48 am

So I returned from maternity leave two weeks ago and last week I had my annual review. Bascially it was horrible and I mean horrible! I have 90 days to prove my worth or I will be fired.

I documented everything that happened to me due to the HG and always kept my employer in the "know" and I find it shocking that an agency that services people with disabilities would treat someone with a disability in such a way. Every damn negative aspect of my review was directly related to the HG. That and the fact that part of my job required me to be out of the office frequently and sometimes things didn't get done because of it...well that's THEIR fault not mine!

It just makes me so angry to know that employers are so nasty to women when their pregnant. At least I still have a job cause I've been fired three times because of HG or pregnancy related complications in the past. The governement really needs to do a better job protecting women in these situations. Heck, maybe I'll go into politics! lol

Mommy to...
Bayleigh (Peanut), 7
Noa (Puddin), 2
Avery (Ava Belle) 7 Months
and yes, Caesar too, my puppy son!
maryliz
Been There Done That

Postby peanut » Jan 30, 2007 2:46 pm

I they are giving you a bad eval because of time missed because of the HG pregnancy it may be covered under FMLA or under the ADA. The ADA case would have to be decided on an individual basis because HG is not listed as one of their disorders. It may be worth it to check with a lawyer - most don't require payment for a initial consultation.

Lora
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

Postby TwoIsEnough » Feb 22, 2007 5:13 pm

I hate to hear that it went so horrible. This sounds so much like my first pg. I worked for a mental health corp...serving children and families in need. I was off on short-term disability, and a week after having my DD had to have gallbladder surgery. Early in my pg, my boss (who had like 20 people above her) constantly sent me emails asking how long I planned on being off when the baby was born. I initially told her 6 weeks and she continued to push me to take 12 weeks, telling me I would never get the time back. In that job we had a "billing goal" that we had to meet every month of $11,180...In 2004 I ended up only being at work 4 months...yet the only "credit" as they called it that they gave me was $14,000 deducted from my yearly goal. How did that figure!!?? When I returned in November I had til December to make it up....some $70,000....which I figured would take 20 hours a day of billable work!! ugh...labor laws? Needless to say...when the company had "financial" problems the first to be let go were the employees that didn't make thier billing goal...I was in on it. The first thing they did after telling me was handed me a piece of paper stating that I would not sue for wrongful termination and requested I sign it right then...I declined and told them that I would take it with me and have my husband and his office review everything (law firm). For the next few days my boss would call to check on me...but the end of the conversation always resorted in a question about that paper and if I had decided to sign it. I always answered that there was a two year statute of limitations and I was in no hurry.

I hope that your situation turns out okay. If you are planning on having any more kids, you may want to begin looking for another job in the future. Let us know how things go. I would do some research on FMLA and all of that as well.
Lauren

DD#1: Moderate HG for six months then PTL.
DD#2: Severe HG all the way through delivery along with PTL.

TwoIsEnough
HG Expert

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Feb 22, 2007 5:31 pm

I've been thinking of you, and wondering how you're doing. I'm so sorry about this added pressure, one you totally didn't need right now! I hope it works out!
:hugs: :hugs:
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby maryliz » Feb 23, 2007 9:28 am

Hello. I am doing "ok". That's about all I can say. I still have my job, but I am still in a probation period until April. I have had a lot of childcare issues lately so that has had me late for work a few times and I had to miss one day of work already due to car issues - I had no heat.

I'm just trying my best to make it. Still not getting much help at all from the fathers and I try every day to not focus on that and stay angry, but I am angry and rightfully so. My daughter is doing great. She is so tiny though. My friend's recent newborns are bigger than her and she's almost 12 weeks. She's starting to laugh and that helps me to cope. If anyone wants to see a pic, e-mail me.

Mommy to...
Bayleigh (Peanut), 7
Noa (Puddin), 2
Avery (Ava Belle) 7 Months
and yes, Caesar too, my puppy son!
maryliz
Been There Done That

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment